Interested in Working for Post Audit?
Legislative IT Security Auditor
If you are looking for a rewarding career that supports work-life balance, consider joining the dedicated professionals at the Legislative Division of Post Audit, the audit arm of the Kansas Legislature. Our IT audit team conducts IT security audits of government agencies and continuously monitors selected state IT projects to help identify when a project is at risk of failure. Our office supports state government and the citizens of Kansas while providing a healthy, equal-opportunity work environment. The salary range for this challenging but rewarding job is between $45,000 and $65,000, depending on your skills and experience.
Some of the benefits of working in our office include:
- a pay-for-performance environment with a defined career path
- opportunities for professional development and continued skills training
- work-life balance incentives such as work from home, flexible schedules, and casual dress code
- strong retirement benefits
- comprehensive medical and dental health plans
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Other financial planning options such as life and disability insurance, student savings plans, and deferred compensation options
As an IT auditor, you would:
help plan risk-based IT audits
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- review prior audits and evaluations
- review agency security policies, computer settings, and practices
- interview agency staff
- evaluate physical and logical controls of data centers and agency buildings
- develop audit findings and prepare audit reports
- help monitor selected state IT projects
A bachelor’s degree is required. The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge of information security controls and requirements, and have experience in conducting vulnerability assessments, or similar IT security related work. A master’s degree or a significant amount of graduate-level coursework, CISA or similar certification, as well as experience in IT auditing or compliance work is preferred.
Conditions of Employment
The successful candidate must:
- Pass a review and confirmation of references, resume, and education
- Possess a tax-clearance certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
If hired, the candidate must:
- Successfully pass a criminal history records check
- Be cleared through the e-Verify system
- Qualify for a high-level agency security clearance
To be considered, send a letter of application and a resume to Nicole Blanchett, Office Manager, Legislative Division of Post Audit, 800 SW Jackson, #1200, Topeka, KS 66612, or to LPAApplicants@lpa.ks.gov