If you are looking for a rewarding career that supports work-life balance, consider joining the dedicated professionals at the Legislative Division of Post Audit, the audit arm of the Kansas Legislature. Our IT audit team conducts IT security audits of government agencies and continuously monitors selected state IT projects to help identify when a project is at risk of failure. Our office supports state government and the citizens of Kansas while providing a healthy, equal-opportunity work environment. The salary range for this challenging but rewarding job is between $45,000 and $65,000, depending on your skills and experience.
To be considered, send a letter of application and a resume to Nicole Blanchett, Office Manager, Legislative Division of Post Audit, 800 SW Jackson, #1200, Topeka, KS 66612, or to LPAApplicants@lpa.ks.gov. Incomplete applications will not be considered for review. Applications must be received by November 30, 2018.
Some of the benefits of working in our office include:
- a pay-for-performance environment with a defined career path
- opportunities for professional development and continued skills training
- work-life balance incentives such as flexible work schedules, and casual dress code, as well as periodically working from home.
- strong retirement benefits
- comprehensive medical and dental health plans
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Other financial planning options such as life and disability insurance, student savings plans, and deferred compensation options
As an IT auditor, you would:
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- help plan risk-based IT audits
- review prior audits and evaluations
- review agency security policies, computer settings, and practices
- interview agency staff
- evaluate physical and logical controls of data centers and agency buildings
- develop audit findings and prepare audit reports
- help monitor selected state IT projects
The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge of information security controls and requirements, and have experience in conducting vulnerability assessments, or similar IT security related work.
A bachelor’s degree is required; four years of IT experience or a combination of post-secondary education and IT experience totaling four years may be substituted. A CISA or similar certification, as well as experience in IT auditing or compliance work is preferred.
Conditions of Employment
The successful candidate must:
- Pass a review and confirmation of references, resume, and education
- Possess a tax-clearance certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be located within driving distance of our Topeka home base office.
If hired, the candidate must:
- Successfully pass a criminal history records check
- Be cleared through the e-Verify system
- Qualify for a high-level agency security clearance
Legislative Post Audit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.