Associate IT Security Auditor
Application Deadline: LPA does not have any current Associate IT Security Auditor openings. However, we accept application materials year round to ensure we have a roster of prospective candidates upon an opening.
Salary Range: $66,000-$71,700 commensurate with experience
**The position may be filled at a Senior IT Auditor level with commensurate salary levels, depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
If you are looking for a rewarding career that supports work-life balance, consider joining the dedicated professionals at the Legislative Division of Post Audit, the audit arm of the Kansas Legislature. Our IT audit team conducts IT security audits of government agencies and continuously monitors selected state IT projects to help identify when a project is at risk of failure. Our office supports state government and the citizens of Kansas while providing a healthy, equal-opportunity work environment. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Topeka, KS (home office)
- You must be located within driving distance of our Topeka home base office.
- Telecommuting options available
- A pay-for-performance environment with a defined career path
- Opportunities for professional development and continued skills training
- Work-life balance incentives such as flexible work schedules, and casual dress code, as well as periodically working from home
- Strong retirement benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental health plans
- 10 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Other financial planning options such as life and disability insurance, student savings plans, and deferred compensation options
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help plan risk-based IT audits
- Review prior audits and evaluations
- Review agency security policies, computer settings, and practices
- Interview agency staff
- Evaluate physical and logical controls of data centers and agency buildings
- Develop audit findings and prepare audit reports
- Help monitor selected state IT projects
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline or a combination of post-secondary education and IT experience totaling four years.
- A degree in business or public administration, political science, computer science, information science, or other relevant discipline
- Six months to two years’ experience in an organizational setting
- Exposure to – or proven interest in – IT auditing in one or more forms:
- college coursework (Information Technology and/or auditing),
- experience (Information Technology and/or auditing), or
- completed testing towards or achieved certifications (e.g. CISA, Security+)
- Working experience in auditing or program evaluation
- Working experience in information technology
- Familiarity with IT security frameworks or standards (e.g. NIST, CIS, ISO-27001/2)
Conditions of Employment
The successful candidate must demonstrate knowledge of information security controls and requirements, and have experience in conducting vulnerability assessments, or similar IT security related work.
The successful candidate must:
- Pass a review and confirmation of references, resume, and education
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
If hired, the candidate must:
- Provide proof of a tax-clearance certificate from the Kansas Department of Revenue
- Successfully pass a criminal history records check
- Be cleared through the e-Verify system
- Qualify for a high-level agency security clearance